In the coming days the Indian negotiators are having a tough time juggling between various meetings and keeping abreast with the media chasing them. But the most important events coming up are:
- 22nd to 24th Sept: An International technology transfer conference organised in Delhi for key negotiators to come to consensus about financial mechanisms and funds coming in from annex 1 countries and come to some sort of a bargaining on technology transfer.
- GEF meeting in New York: The Global Economies meeting in New York will be well attended by the Indian delegation who will be lead by Shyam Saran. R R Rashmi the Joint Secretary to the Environment and Forest Ministry will also be seen next to a representative from the External Affairs Ministry.
Kudos to my small little team in Shri Ram College of Commerce which will help me reach out to a greater audience and liase with journalists and vernacular media at a touch of a button!
We will be basing our outreach on the following , so you all will get to hear about us more!:
- Informing a network of NGOs whoch work related to combating climate change
- Pushing for the blog posts to be translated in local languages and read out in radio news programmes and in vernacular media .
- Engaging with youth networks through IYCN, YP and college unions across the country.
- Local media and national TV partners.
We hope this time the people who really need to know have access to the relevant information!